Photos
Book
Collection
Videos
Virtual Tours
Pin It Share

Edmonton Power History Foundation Blog

Tag: Turbine Generators
Results: 1 to 3 of 3

Foundation Spring Support

Turbine Generator



Clover Bar Generating Station 1969 was the first Power Plant in North America to install a spring supported concrete "Table" foundation The pedestal constructed of concrete posts and beams supported this table. Between the pedesal and table were 126 specially ...

read more

Escher Wyss Turbine Nameplate

Circa 1970s



These plates were on Clover Bar turbines 1 and 2 These units were placed in service in 1970 and 1973 Each unit had a capacity of 165 MWs They were manufactured in Switzerland  

read more

Parsons Nameplate

Circa 1950



Nameplate from 30 MW Parsons generator. There were a total of eight (7) Parsons Turbine-Generators, installed at the Rossdale Generating  station  between 1927 and  1966

read more


Edmonton Power Historical Foundation

Hours of operation 2020

The museum will remain closed this summer and fall.  

Depending on the status of covid-19, The Leduc Country Lights may be back November 28 to Dec 31, 2020, however the EPHF museum will be closed during this event.

We are located on the grounds of the Leduc West Antique Museum. Travel 5 miles west of Leduc on Highway 39. Go north on Range Road 260 (Cohne Dale Road) for about a mile and the museum will be on your right.

Leave us a message

Change Image
 

Come for a visit

Top