Photos
Book
Collection
Videos
Virtual Tours
Pin It Share
Legislature Generator

General Electric Generator

circa 1950s


This General Electric Generator provided emergency back up power to the Province of Alberta Legislative power plant.

It was installed in 1951 and removed in 1996.

Manufacturer: Canadian General Electric

Alternating Current Generator

NO            560025

MODEL     72880

KVA          1000

KW           800

VOLTS      2400

AMP         241

RPM         327

CYCLES    60

PHASE      3.0

 

 

Categories: Generators Collection

Author: ephf

Edmonton Power Historical Foundation is a non-profit society dedicated to preserving the history of electric power in the City of Edmonton and the Province of Alberta, for the education and entertainment of current and future generations.

Edmonton Power Historical Foundation

Hours of operation 2022

We are located on the grounds of the Leduc West Antique Museum. Travel 5 miles west of Leduc on Highway 39. Go north on Range Road 260 (Cohne Dale Road) for about a mile and the museum will be on your right. Our museum will be open for the first time post-pandemic on September 17 as the Leduc West Antique Society hosts the Lesco Pro Show 'n Shine. We will be open from 10 AM to 5 PM; on the grounds there will be food concessions, kiddie games, bouncy tents and gorgeous trucks. Admission to the site is only $2.

Leave us a message

 
 
Top