Photos
Book
Collection
Videos
Virtual Tours
Pin It Share

Edmonton Power History Foundation Blog

Tag: Rossdale 1957 - 2008
Results: 1 to 8 of 8

Boiler Control Console 1965

The control console was used for No. 10 Boiler in the Rossdale Central Control Room



This Console was used to control the boiler functions; such as Combustion control (Air and Fuel amounts) feedwater flow, steam pressure and the amount of steam production Manufacturer:                            ...

read more

Master Clock



Thirty to forty years ago, Edmonton Power used this device to monitor the systemfrequency and time. The power station's goal was to maintain the average frequency at60 Hz (cycles per second) to ensure that all electrical clock time was accurate.Since ...

read more

Turbine Blades

Several blades from Rossdale No. 8 Turbine



This shows how the size of the blades increases to handle the larger volume of steam as it expands while traveling thru the turbine

read more

Hydrogen Panel Display

This panel was built to simulate the hydrogen cabinet used on No. 9 and 10 Parsons generators



The cabinet was used to control the cooling medium (hydrogen) within the Generator Consisted of 4 Gauges for: Hydrogen Temperature Seal oil pressure Hydrogen Pressure Carbon Dioxide Pressure Alarm panel Hydrogen Purity Meter Flow Meter AC and DC seal ...

read more

Edmonton Power Sign

EP sign



This was the EDMONTON POWER Sign on the west side of the Rossdale Power Plant The Sign was removed in 1997 when the name was changed to Epcor It is now attached to the Edomonton Power Historical Foundation building

read more

City of Edmonton Crest

Installed 1965



This crest was installed on the west wall of the Rossdale Generating Station in 1966. Upon completion of the last unit, # 10 the station was rated at 405MW. It remained there until 1997 when the name was changed from Edmonton Power to EPCOR.  

read more

Parsons Turbine

Steam Turbine



In Sept of 2010 with EPCOR's help we saved some of #10 Turbine Thanks to Hazco, the demolition team  We saved: The Turbine Bearing Block, HP Casing & Rotor and the LP Rotor     Dec -   Items were moved to the   ...

read more

Babcock Boiler Nameplate

circa 1960s



This Cast Aluminum nameplate was taken from the No. 8 Babcock and Wilcox Boiler at the Rossdale Power Plant. Ten Babcock and Wilcox Sterling type boilers were installed at Rossdale Power Plant between 1932 and 1966 These boilers supplied the steam required ...

read more


Edmonton Power Historical Foundation

Hours of operation 2020

The museum will remain closed this summer and fall.  

Depending on the status of covid-19, The Leduc Country Lights may be back November 28 to Dec 31, 2020, however the EPHF museum will be closed during this event.

We are located on the grounds of the Leduc West Antique Museum. Travel 5 miles west of Leduc on Highway 39. Go north on Range Road 260 (Cohne Dale Road) for about a mile and the museum will be on your right.

Leave us a message

Change Image
 

Come for a visit

Top