In Sept of 2010 with EPCOR’s help we saved some of #10 Turbine
Thanks to Hazco, the demolition team We saved:
The Turbine Bearing Block,
HP Casing & Rotor and the LP Rotor
Dec - Items were moved to the Low Pressure Plant
Feb - Rotor Flanges Separated
Apr - Stands Fabricated
Jun - Concrete Pad Poured
Jul - Items Moved to Museum
- Rossdale had 7 C. A. Parsons steam powered turbine generators.
- In 1927 a 10,000 kilowatt Parsons turbine generator was installed
- A 15,000 kilowatt Parsons turbine was installed in 1939.
- a the second 15,000 kW unit in 1944.
- Two (2) 30,000 kW Parsons units were installed in 1949 and 1953 respectively.
- Two (2) 75,000 kW Parsons units were installed in 1963 and 1966 respectively.
- Charles A Parsons was the inventor of the multi stage reaction turbine in 1884
- In 1927 a 10,000 kilowatt Parsons Turbine generator was installed in Rossdale
- This was the largest Parsons generator in the world to run at 3600 rpm
- Sir Charles and Lady Parsons travelled from England to Edmonton to commission the unit.