Photos
Book
Collection
Videos
Virtual Tours
Pin It Share

Edmonton Power History Foundation Blog

Tag: Rossdale 1902 - 1930
Results: 1 to 5 of 5

Belliss and Morcom Steam Engine

1903



The Belliss and Morcom Steam Engine represents several steam engines used in the 1903 generating station. A steam engine is an external combustion heat engine that makes use of the heat energy that exists in steam and converting it to mechanical energy. ...

read more

Rossdale Windows

1902



These stained glass windows are from the Edmonton Water and Light Plant, circa 1902. Edmonton's colours were maroon and ivory. Four of these windows were sold at auction in 2001. A man who lived just west of Namao had these windows which his grandfather ...

read more

Slate Electrical Panel

1902 - 1930



The panel pictured on the left is from one of the Direct Current (DC) motor generators installed at Rossdale Power Plant before 1915. In the 1960s it was used to control DC power from a motor generator set, which was a back up for the generator exciters ...

read more

Categories: Rectifiers Collection

Rossdale Engines

1909 - 1951



Rossdale Power Plant had several steam engine-driven generators over the years. At least five of them were made by Belliss and Morcom. The triple expansion 750 kW Direct Current (DC) was installed to power the street railway and used until 1951.

read more

Date stone

Circa 1908



This date stone is the only surviving remnant of the 1908 addition to the original Rossdale Power Plant. The building was demolished in 1931 to make way for a more modern structure. In the upper right corner of the picture below, dated July 2, 1941, you ...

read more


Edmonton Power Historical Foundation

Hours of operation 2020

The museum will remain closed this summer and fall.  

Depending on the status of covid-19, The Leduc Country Lights may be back November 28 to Dec 31, 2020, however the EPHF museum will be closed during this event.

We are located on the grounds of the Leduc West Antique Museum. Travel 5 miles west of Leduc on Highway 39. Go north on Range Road 260 (Cohne Dale Road) for about a mile and the museum will be on your right.

Leave us a message

Change Image
 

Come for a visit

Top