Photos
Book
Collection
Videos
Virtual Tours
Pin It Share

Babcock-Wilcox & Goldie McCulloch Boiler Nameplate

Circa 1952 Cast Aluminum plate from No. 6 boiler


From 1932 until 1965

Ten  Babcock and Wilcox Sterling type boilers were installed in Rossdale

These boilers supplied steam to drive the turbines

The early boiler were coal fired 1932 until 1950

They were converted to natural gas in 1951

The later boiler were capable of dual fuel Natural Gas and fuel oil ( Bunker C )


Author: ephf

Edmonton Power Historical Foundation is a non-profit society dedicated to preserving the history of electric power in the City of Edmonton and the Province of Alberta, for the education and entertainment of current and future generations.

Edmonton Power Historical Foundation

Hours of operation 2022

We are located on the grounds of the Leduc West Antique Museum. Travel 5 miles west of Leduc on Highway 39. Go north on Range Road 260 (Cohne Dale Road) for about a mile and the museum will be on your right. Our museum will be open for the first time post-pandemic on September 17 as the Leduc West Antique Society hosts the Lesco Pro Show 'n Shine. We will be open from 10 AM to 5 PM; on the grounds there will be food concessions, kiddie games, bouncy tents and gorgeous trucks. Admission to the site is only $2.

Leave us a message

 
 
Top