Photos
Book
Collection
Videos
Virtual Tours
Pin It Share

Slate Electrical Panel

1902 - 1930


The panel pictured on the left is from one of the Direct Current (DC) motor generators installed at Rossdale Power Plant before 1915.

In the 1960s it was used to control DC power from a motor generator set, which was a back up for the generator exciters in the low pressure (LP) plant.

 

 

Categories: Rectifiers Collection

Author: ephf

Edmonton Power Historical Foundation is a non-profit society dedicated to preserving the history of electric power in the City of Edmonton and the Province of Alberta, for the education and entertainment of current and future generations.

Edmonton Power Historical Foundation

Hours of operation 2022

We are located on the grounds of the Leduc West Antique Museum. Travel 5 miles west of Leduc on Highway 39. Go north on Range Road 260 (Cohne Dale Road) for about a mile and the museum will be on your right. Our museum will be open for the first time post-pandemic on September 17 as the Leduc West Antique Society hosts the Lesco Pro Show 'n Shine. We will be open from 10 AM to 5 PM; on the grounds there will be food concessions, kiddie games, bouncy tents and gorgeous trucks. Admission to the site is only $2.

Leave us a message

 
 
Top