Photos
Book
Collection
Videos
Virtual Tours
Pin It Share

Rossdale Engines

1909 - 1951


Rossdale Power Plant had several steam engine-driven generators over the years. At least five of them were made by Belliss and Morcom.

The triple expansion 750 kW Direct Current (DC) was installed to power the street railway and used until 1951.


Author: ephf

Edmonton Power Historical Foundation is a non-profit society dedicated to preserving the history of electric power in the City of Edmonton and the Province of Alberta, for the education and entertainment of current and future generations.

Edmonton Power Historical Foundation

Hours of operation 2022

We are located on the grounds of the Leduc West Antique Museum. Travel 5 miles west of Leduc on Highway 39. Go north on Range Road 260 (Cohne Dale Road) for about a mile and the museum will be on your right. Our museum will be open for the first time post-pandemic on September 17 as the Leduc West Antique Society hosts the Lesco Pro Show 'n Shine. We will be open from 10 AM to 5 PM; on the grounds there will be food concessions, kiddie games, bouncy tents and gorgeous trucks. Admission to the site is only $2.

Leave us a message

 
 
Top