Book
Photos
Museum
Videos
Pin It Share

Parsons Turbine

Steam Turbine

In Sept of 2010 with EPCOR’s help we saved some of #10 Turbine

Thanks to Hazco, the demolition team  We saved:

The Turbine Bearing Block,

HP Casing & Rotor and the LP Rotor

 

 

Dec -   Items were moved to the   Low Pressure Plant

Feb -      Rotor Flanges Separated

Apr -   Stands Fabricated

Jun -   Concrete Pad Poured

Jul -     Items Moved to Museum

  • Rossdale had 7 C. A. Parsons steam powered turbine generators.
  • In 1927 a 10,000 kilowatt Parsons turbine generator was installed
  • A 15,000 kilowatt Parsons turbine was installed in 1939.
  • a the second 15,000 kW unit in 1944.
  • Two (2) 30,000 kW Parsons units were installed in 1949 and 1953 respectively.
  • Two (2) 75,000 kW Parsons units were installed in 1963 and 1966 respectively.
  • Charles A Parsons was the inventor of the multi stage reaction turbine in 1884
  • In 1927 a 10,000 kilowatt Parsons Turbine generator was installed in Rossdale
  • This was the largest Parsons generator in the world to run at 3600 rpm
  • Sir Charles and Lady Parsons travelled from England to Edmonton to commission the unit.

Edmonton Power Historical Foundation

Hours of operation 2020

The museum will be open May 23 (LWAS Spring Tractor Pull)July 18 & 19 (30th Annual LWAS Exposition featuring John Deere), and Sept 12, 2020 (LWAS Fall Harvest and Tractor Pull).

The Leduc Country Lights are back November 28 to Dec 31, 2020, however the EPHF museum will be closed during this event.

We are also open to groups by appointment.

If you wish to arrange a tour please contact us via our contact form or at the postal mailing address.

We are located on the grounds of the Leduc West Antique Museum. Travel 5 miles west of Leduc on Highway 39. Go north on Range Road 260 (Cohne Dale Road) for about a mile and the museum will be on your right.

Leave us a message

Change Image
 

Come for a visit

Top