Book
Photos
Museum
Animations
+ 1 Pin It Share

NameplatesRSS feed

Category: Nameplates
Results: 1 to 8 of 8 Search:

Skinner Steam Engine

The Skinner Steam Engine drove the GE generator at the Alberta Legislative Assembly building beginning in 1951. It was a three-cylinder Unaflow Engine that allowed the admission of steam to the top and bottom of the steam cylinder. Exhaust was released ...
read more

City of Edmonton Crest

This crest was installed on the west wall of the Rossdale Generating Station in 1966. Upon completion of the last unit, # 10 the station was rated at 405MW. It remained there until 1997 when the name was changed from Edmonton Power to EPCOR.  
read more

Date stone

This date stone is the only surviving remnant of the 1908 addition to the original Rossdale Power Plant. The building was demolished in 1931 to make way for a more modern structure. In the upper right corner of the picture below, dated July 2, 1941, you ...
read more

Babcock-Wilcox & Goldie McCulloch Boiler Nameplate

From 1932 until 1965 Ten  Babcock and Wilcox Sterling type boilers were installed in Rossdale These boilers supplied steam to drive the turbines The early boiler were coal fired 1932 until 1950 They were converted to natural gas in 1951 The later ...
read more

Escher Wyss Turbine Nameplate

These plates were on Clover Bar turbines 1 and 2 These units were placed in service in 1970 and 1973 Each unit had a capacity of 165 MWs They were manufactured in Switzerland  
read more

Babcock Boiler Nameplate

This Cast Aluminum nameplate was taken from the No. 8 Babcock and Wilcox Boiler at the Rossdale Power Plant. Ten Babcock and Wilcox Sterling type boilers were installed at Rossdale Power Plant between 1932 and 1966 These boilers supplied the steam required ...
read more

Sign 750 Sub-station

Sign attached to the RIVERDALE Sub Station This was a 5 KV substation – Primary supply 15KV (13,800 volt) with 5KV (4160 volt) secondary feeder circuits, for distribution This substation was located at 87 St and 103A Ave one block north of the west ...
read more

Boiler Nameplate

This nameplate  was on the #1 boiler at the Clover Bar Generating Station, which was installed in 1969. The boiler was a 2100 psi Radiant Boiler. Manufacturer: Babcock & Wilcox Dimensions: 12" x 18" x 1/8" Material: Aluminum Serial #: 62850
read more
Categories: Nameplates Museum
Tags: Clover Bar

Edmonton Power Historical Foundation

Hours of operation

The museum is open May 20, July 23 & 24, and Sept 9, 2017.

We are also open to groups by appointment.

If you wish to arrange a tour please contact us via our contact form or at the postal mailing address.

We are located on the grounds of the Leduc West Antique Museum. Travel 5 miles west of Leduc on Highway 39. Go north on Range Road 260 (Cohne Dale Road) for about a mile and the museum will be on your right.

Leave us a message

Change Image  

Come for a visit

Top