Book
Photos
Museum
Animations
+ 1 Pin It Share

Rossdale 1930 - 1955RSS feed

Tag: Rossdale 1930 - 1955
Results: 1 to 9 of 9 Search:

Boiler Control Panel

This Boiler Control Panel was used on the No. 2 Boiler at the Rossdale Power Plant. The panel controlled the amount of fuel and air entering the boiler furnace, which was determined by the amount of steam required at a given time. The control panel operated ...
read more

Riveted Steam Drum Head

Pictured above is one head of a the steam drum from Boiler #2. Each end of the Steam Drum is closed with a dished head. This was the last boiler that was made using riveted construction. The next drums used welded seams. The man-way door provided access ...
read more
Categories: Boilers Museum

Water Level Gauge

The Water Level Gauge displays the level of water within a boiler.  The level can be seen in the centre glass on the gauge, which is also known as the gauge glass. The gauge is made from a thin strip of mica, which is less than 1/32 of an inch thick. ...
read more

Model of Rossdale Low Pressure Plant

Showing; Boiler house, Turbine hall and Electrical Switching station Model was built  by the NAIT Architectural Technology Student
read more
Categories: Power Plants Museum

Rossdale Engines

Rossdale Power Plant had several steam engine-driven generators over the years. At least five of them were made by Belliss and Morcom. The triple expansion 750 kW Direct Current (DC) was installed to power the street railway and used until 1951.
read more

Rossdale Office Furniture

This furniture was used in the Rossdale General Office around 1931. It is made of mahogany .    This is the table and chairs from the 1931 Office building
read more
Categories: Power Plants Museum

Babcock-Wilcox & Goldie McCulloch Boiler Nameplate

From 1932 until 1965 Ten  Babcock and Wilcox Sterling type boilers were installed in Rossdale These boilers supplied steam to drive the turbines The early boiler were coal fired 1932 until 1950 They were converted to natural gas in 1951 The later ...
read more

Babcock Boiler Nameplate

This Cast Aluminum nameplate was taken from the No. 8 Babcock and Wilcox Boiler at the Rossdale Power Plant. Ten Babcock and Wilcox Sterling type boilers were installed at Rossdale Power Plant between 1932 and 1966 These boilers supplied the steam required ...
read more

Parsons Nameplate

Nameplate from 30 MW Parsons generator. There were a total of eight (8) Parsons Turbine-Generators, installed at the Rossdale Generating  station  between 1927 and  1966
read more

Edmonton Power Historical Foundation

Hours of operation

The museum is open May 20, July 22 & 23, and Sept 9, 2017.

We are also open to groups by appointment.

If you wish to arrange a tour please contact us via our contact form or at the postal mailing address.

We are located on the grounds of the Leduc West Antique Museum. Travel 5 miles west of Leduc on Highway 39. Go north on Range Road 260 (Cohne Dale Road) for about a mile and the museum will be on your right.

Leave us a message

Change Image  

Come for a visit

Top